Mobile Commerce Challenges
American customers are adopting mobile technology at a rate that significantly eclipses other technology adoption curves. This mobile explosion is increasing their expectations about the ease of communicating with business. Wherever they are located, customers (consumers and technicians) want business transactions to be easy, fast, and accurate. They demand that product, service, and technical information be available when and where it is most relevant to their lifestyles and work situations.
But customers are increasingly frustrated with the inability of customer or technical support to respond meaningfully to their inquiries and problems. Many consumers simply abandon shopping carts mid-stream as critical questions on pricing, quality or product choice go unanswered. They are frustrated with poor technical support that doesn’t resolve their problems. These issues, often the result of inadequate live agent or interactive voice response (IVR) systems, result in lost sales, customer retention, and damage to corporate brands. Companies must respond to this demand by providing a vastly improved mobile commerce interaction.
ChoiceView includes Live Agent and/or IVR software that’s installed in business contact centers and a free app that customers download onto their mobile devices. Through ChoiceView, customers verbally interact with the agent or IVR while seeing visual information such as products, venues, maps, diagrams, photos, and documents.
"Now I see what you’re talking about!"
The following screen shot shows an example of visuals that customers see on their mobile devices while interacting with a ChoiceView-enabled web florist.
While viewing a mobile website catalog, a customer settles on a flower arrangement to congratulate a client on recent media coverage. She finds entering credit card information on her phone to be cumbersome. She taps the ChoiceView app on her smartphone and is immediately connected to a customer service representative who reviews the current order information.
Using ChoiceView, the rep suggests and shows the caller several bouquets and complementary products. As a result, the customer selects an upgraded arrangement. The rep quickly completes the sale and sends a purchase confirmation document which the customer saves in ChoiceView’s ‘History.’
The customer is pleased with her transaction, her client is delighted with the gift, and the florist captured and upgraded a sale it may have lost. The entire transaction took mere minutes to complete. Expect another order from this happy customer!
With both voice and visual communication, ChoiceView provides better understanding, increases mobile sales, retains customers, and improves customer support.
Customer Trends Demand ChoiceView
Trends that are driving businesses to find more efficient and effective ways to communicate and share information with customers include:
- Rapid adoption of mobile technology, for example, over 50% of American consumers expected to own smartphones in 2011;
- Consumer purchases on mobile devices will exceed $40 billion in a few years, making intelligent interaction and m-commerce strategies imperative;
- Customers increasingly rely on mobile devices for product and service information, necessitating that business serve them on their preferred playing field;
- Customers want to be served whenever and wherever they demand; and
- Leveraging existing mobile devices and corporate infrastructures so customers simply download a free app, businesses use their existing customer support infrastructure.
Benefits of ChoiceView for M-Commerce
- Faster and more accurate information exchange improves customer satisfaction and brand image;
- Improved understanding and use of critical information results in
mobile transaction completion;
- Better informed customers make decisions that suit their needs;
- Improved ROI as customer support costs decline; and
- Increased revenue as mobile up-sell creates more sales and more dollars per sale.
Get the ChoiceView App NOW!
The ChoiceView App available at the App Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/choiceview/id404719513?mt=8
Distribute via Apple Enterprise license directly to your users or license the Radish ChoiceView Software Developer’s Kit (SDK) to make your organization’s mobile app ChoiceView-enabled.
System Requirements: ChoiceView App runs on a 3G+ iPhone or iPod touch with an Internet connection and works for transactions with all ChoiceView-enabled organizations.